The Mitsubishi 4WD Owners Club, as a not-for-profit organisation which has an annual turnover of $3 million or less and is not a health service provider and does not trade in personal information for benefit, service or advantage, is not covered by the Privacy Act 1988 (Comm).
However, the Club does collect information from members and therefore advises members and visitors that:
- their privacy rights will be respected;
- they be assured their information will not be passed onto a third person without their consent;
- they know what information will be kept and why;
- they know how information will be used;
- they know how they can access this information;
- they know how to correct an incorrect or misleading record; and
- they be assured that information will only be used for the purpose it was supplied.
Information collected by the Club (over and above name and address) is used:
- to record attendance at Club events in order to meet insurance requirements;
- to record information for Club Awards;
- to record financial transactions;
- to allow access to the Club website and data;
- and is provided to Trip Leaders for use in an emergency.
Information is stored in various web-based data systems with password restricted access only available to those committee members who need to use if for Club purposes.
Members should note that under the Associations Incorporation Act 2015 (WA):
Section 53 of the Act requires an incorporated association to maintain a register of its members and record in the register any change in the membership of the association. Any change to the register must be recorded within 28 days after the change occurs.
Under section 53(2) of the Act the register of members must include each member’s name and a residential, postal or email address.
Under section 54 of the Act a member is entitled to inspect the register free of charge. The member may make a copy of, or take an extract from, the register but has no right to remove the register for that purpose. Mitsubishi 4WD Owners Club WA members have access to the membership data in the Members area of the website upon logging in with their username and password.
Under section 56 of the Act the management committee is authorised by to determine a reasonable charge for providing a copy of the register. The Mitsubishi 4WD Owners Club WA does not charge a fee for accessing the data.
Any corrections or other correspondence on this matter should be addressed to the President